Box of Tricks - Roller & Ghu Sha Set
Our Box of Tricks with crystal roller and gua sha is the ultimate tool kit for glowing, elastic skin. Face rollers and gua sha have been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a way to calm the nervous system and engage lymphatic drainage, in order to reduce water retention, de-puff skin, and promote a healthy glow.
What is it?
Gua sha- pronounced gwasha- is commonly referred to as spooning. Gua Sha is a natural therapy instrument which when used in conjunction with a serum on your face stimulates microcirculation and blood flow which in turn helps contour and sculpt the face. Crystal face rollers function in a similar way, using knowledge of pressure points to reduce fine lines and create a tauter, smoother complexion.
Who it's for?
Anyone and everyone! Gua Shua and crystal rollers are safe for all skin types, but especially beneficial for those with dull, tired skin. If you suffer from allergy symptoms like puffy eyes, Gua Shua is also great, as its stimulating properties promote blood flow that in turn encourages the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- De-puffs stressed or tired skin
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Relaxes stressed skin, loosening stiff skin tissue
- Promotes a glowing complexion
How to use
Our box of tricks contains both a crystal roller and gua sha. How you want to use these is up to you: either use a combination of both if you're feeling super indulgent, or alternate between the two on different days.
- After cleansing your face, gentle massage a serum or face oil into your skin (try one of Serum Factory's brilliant serums or Salt by Hendrix's Babetown Booster.
- We're going to start with the cheek and jaw region. Gently apply light to medium pressure with the head of the roller. Using broad, upwards strokes, move the roller from the jaw to the cheekbone. Repeat about 5 times.
- Next, move to the region around the eyes, just above the cheekbones (the part where you'd usually swipe highlighter). Using the same broad movements from step one, repeat 5 times on each side.
- Time to target those pressure points (if you suffer from hayfever and other allergies, this one's for you). Using a backwards circular motion, target the following pressure points on the face: temples, just below the thickest part of the eyebrow, just below the nostrils, the sideburn area next to your cheeks, on top of your cheekbones (just below the outer corners of your eyes), and the area of skin over your gums (below the apples of your cheeks).
- And voila! Follow with your favourite moisturiser.
1 x Black Obsidian Ghu Sha
1 x Green Adventurine Roller ( Green Adventurine & and Zinc Alloy) 14.5cm x 6cm x 1cm wide
Packaged in exclusive to Jim & Jane Gift Box